Tuesday, May 4, 2010

In Loving Memory Tracy Weber 1959-1981

A great writer once wrote, that the saddest words of prose and pen are those what might have been. And in the case of my dear friend Tracy Weber no words have ever been written so accurately. But today is not a day to talk about how great she would have become, but how great she was on her short time on this earth. Tracy was an incredible singer with perfect pitch, impeccable timing and magnificent delivery, and her song Sure Shot was just a taste of her great talents that will live on for new generations to come. One month ago I had the honor of being invited to a celebration of the life of Tracy Weber. Where four young ladies were awarded scholarships in her name. Given by her sorority sisters of Swing Phi Swing. 29 years ago today, yet it just feels like it was yesterday, the world lost a talent that would have lasted through the ages. And in closing I just want to say "Tracy, I love you and I miss you. I know that I could never write a song better than you could sing it.
Nicky Braddy

Tracy L. Weber 1959 - 1981


Tracy Weber Scholarship Winners

1 comment:

  1. Hello, it's actually sad news that Tracy Weber is no longer in this world, her voice was really something unique, her song Sure Shot rocked me when I was 19 years old in 1981, a pity that very little info circulates on the internet, as a radio host I have never stopped broadcasting it, she rest in peace.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete